Restaurant Magic Software, provider of Data Central, is led by a unique duo of business partners:
Steve Roberts, President and Founder,
has been focused on providing the best business software systems to restaurant operators for over fifteen years. Creative and passionate, he is committed to making technology work for non-technologists.
Drew Peloubet, Chairman and CEO,
is a restaurant industry veteran. Having led both independents and chain groups, he comes to Restaurant Magic after a distinguished career, most recently as a multi-unit operator with Brinker International’s Chili’s Grill & Bar.
Steven A. Roberts
Steven Roberts founded AccSys, Inc. in 1989. When first founded, AccSys provided custom business-process software for clients such as Motorola, Tech Data, Budget Rent-a-Car and Outback Steakhouse. When Outback Steakhouse acquired development rights to Carrabba’s Italian Grill in 1995, the president of Carrabba’s approached Roberts with an opportunity to automate the expansion of the concept. That meeting resulted in Restaurant Magic Software, a product specializing in business management software for multi-unit restaurants.
Roberts led the ground up redesign and re-branding by AccSys of its primary product as Data Central, and expanded its breadth to include a full suite SaaS back office system, mobile business tools, and Business Intelligence. It is the trusted information system for thousands of chain restaurants.
Roberts also led the development of AfterWords, a patent pending online survey system that utilizes near real time POS data collection to build surveys based upon each customer’s actual purchases. It is poised to revolutionize feedback.
Roberts is regularly sought after as an expert in the food and beverage segment and was recently named to the advisory board of Site Zeus, a Tampa based real estate site selection and GIS software platform.
A native of Ft. Myers, FL, Mr. Roberts attended the University of South Florida where he interrupted his senior year study as a classical musician to pursue his first software development project, subsequently redirecting his future into software development. He is married to Dolly, a well-known harpist in Tampa Bay, and has two married children and one grandchild. He enjoys reading, mountain biking, fishing and piloting a small plane. The Roberts are active in the community, supporting their local church in Tampa, their second church in the Bahamas, and ministries dedicated to the well-being of children and families including Frameworks, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, Compassion International, Metropolitan Ministries, Salvation Army, UNICEF, and Feeding Tampa Bay
Chairman and CEO
Drew Peloubet joined AccSys, Inc./Restaurant Magic Software in 2005. Prior to joining the company, Peloubet was in management as a multi-unit operator with Chili’s, in addition to building a successful private equity real estate investment fund.
As chairman and CEO, Peloubet lends his expertise in restaurant management to deliver the resources restaurant owners and managers require to be successful and efficient. He is passionate and serious about accelerating the growth of Restaurant Magic Software through their Data Central product and seeks to be the number-one provider of business information solutions for the restaurant industry.
A native of New York, N.Y., Peloubet received his bachelor’s degree from Florida Southern College and his Master of Business Administration degree from the University of South Florida. Drew is a member of the Advisory Board for USF school of Hotel & Restaurant Management. He is married to Susan and has three children. The Peloubets are involved in their church and local charities, including Young Life and The Ophelia Project of Tampa Bay, and Peloubet is a member of the board of Help Brings Hope for Haiti.
- Data Central ties our systems together and gives us powerful views of our business.CFO, Fast Casual Franchisee
- Data Central has allowed our managers to be able to have weekly numbers that enable them to focus on problem areas with the Target vs. Actual.COO, Fast Casual Chain
- Data Central easily integrated with all of our key line of business applications like accounting and payroll, improving our accuracy across the board and making the managers more efficient.CTO, Casual Dining
- We like the Prep sheets that Data Central automatically generates from each unit’s PMIX.Field Supervisor, Casual Dining Chain
- Our organization required flexibility. Multi-unit, multi-brand, and franchisees using multiple POS systems seemed a set of challenges that would require multiple systems. Data Central solved them all.COO, Multi-Brand Franchisor
- Our experience with Data Central and Restaurant Magic has been nothing but positive. It is a tool that absolutely has to work for us- and it does.COO, Casual Dining Chain